Sunday, November 22, 2015

Cocoa Pink Bavarian Coconut Cake Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Rich creamy custard cake sprinkled with toasted coconut. 

First impression out of bottle: Sweet coconut



Freshly applied: Sickly sweet caramel coconut with butter

Drydown: Still a bit sickly, butter cake with coconut. Has kind of a rancid butter smell. 



After several hours: Same as drydown. 

Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium high

Would an [X] lover love this? I'm a gourmand lover and a coconut lover and I'm not a fan. I think Cocoa Pink can do milk/cream notes well, but the custard in this smells like scalded milk to me. Unpleasant. If you want to give it a try, I get the feeling it would be good on different skin chemistries. 


Would an [X] hater love this? If you hate milk notes or custard notes because they tend to smell burnt or sickly to you, maybe give it a pass.


Where am I? Eating coconut mixed with burnt microwave popcorn butter.


Where would I wear this? I wouldn't wear it, but if it smelled more like what I imagined, I'd wear it for daytime and warm weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment