Sunday, September 20, 2015

Blooddrop Jade Review


Brand: Blooddrop
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: white amber, matcha powder, vanilla, sandalwood, cyclamen, fern, and green tea

First impression out of bottle: Mostly fern, which is a slightly earthier green note than grass. More like moss, a bit dirty and mucky and fuzzy.





Freshly applied: Still mostly fern, with some green tea poking out now. More citrusy than it ought to be, considering matcha is a dusty, earthy smell with no "brightness." This is almost a soapy green tea, like the kind of green tea you get in a body wash.





Drydown: The cyclamen shows its pale face as it dried down. Cyclamen is kind of a watery, fresh floral that smells a lot like tulips, daffodil, or somewhat like hyacinth. A bit juicy and more green in character than a rose, for instance, which smells very pink. It all ends up smelling like crushed flower stems, combined with a soft sweetness from the amber/vanilla. 





After several hours: Same green, soft floral. Like a flower shop. Not at all the matcha scent I would have hoped for. It's beautiful for a fresh green floral.





Longevity: excellent, especially considering its light nature. Watery florals aren't usually long-lasting but this lasts 5+ hours.

Sillage: See longevity, this has much higher sillage than I'm accustomed to from fresh florals.

Would an [X] lover love this? I think any lover of fresh or green fragrances would love this. It's not heavy on the floral notes, so people who don't like "girly" scents would definitely enjoy it. It's not masculine though, just a lovely fresh green scent.


Would an [X] hater love this? I'm a fresh/aquatic "hater" and I don't love this. It doesn't tip me over or change my mind. It smells like a beautiful rendition of what it's meant to be, and I'm not here for it. I miss my luxurious, obnoxious heavy florals.


Where am I? I definitely feel like I'm in a flower shop that specializes in very stately, green bouquets. No riotous color, lots of trailing ferns and pale petals.


Where would I wear this? I don't wear stuff like this myself, but I imagine it would be an awesome work scent or something to wear during yoga or your morning walk. (YOUR morning walk, the only morning walk I do is a zombie shuffle from my bed to my bathroom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment