Monday, September 21, 2015

NAVA Pumpkin #31 Review

Brand: Nocturne Alchemy/NAVA
Availability: Limited Edition Halloween 2015
Notes: Deep dark and rich black pumpkin puree, caramelized caramel, pie spice, rum, French Vanilla, and Osirian Purnima Incense Accord

First impression out of bottle: Incense with pumpkin pie spice.


Spiced incense
Freshly applied: Sweet, creamy, spicy pumpkin pie purée. Not a buttery or pastry scent, but just the pie filling. Heavy on the ginger and nutmeg, not so much on the cinnamon. Mixed with rich incense, not a burning incense smell, but the unlit powdery smell of a box of high quality ceremonial incense. 

Dark pumpkin purée
Drydown: Same, except the two sides of this meld together more harmoniously now. The pumpkin pie and the incense become one: a spiced, creamy dessert incense. The vanilla lightens the blend, so it's not as blackened/dark as I expected. The incense is creamy and a bit pale.
Unlit incense and pumpkin spice
After several hours: Mostly soft, purring incense and a hint of spice

Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium/High- I'm always surprised that NAVA incense perfumes aren't HEAVY. They are impossible to overdo, even though I'm a chronic slatherer. I could pour this all over (and I did the first time I opened it) and I still get the powerful but not overwhelming medium/high throw.

Would an [X] lover love this? A pumpkin spice lover would enjoy this, but only if they also dig incense notes. 


Would an [X] hater love this? While this is a remarkably good incense note in my opinion, it's not going to change anyone's mind. It's a complex incense, but I don't consider it to be a very beginner-friendly scent. It's a little murky and earthy, probably not for everyone.


Where am I? Baking pies and burning incense in a witchy cottage.


Where would I wear this? Bed, work, a night out. It's not too sexy, but the incense notes make it a little sultry.

No comments:

Post a Comment