Thursday, September 24, 2015

Solstice Scents Sycamore Chai Review

Brand: Solstice Scents
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Vanilla Chai Tea, Marshmallow, Ginger, Pumpkin

First impression out of bottle: Chai spice


Freshly applied: Beautiful black milk tea (like the kind you get at a bubble tea place), deep and dusky but milky and smooth, with the best, most intense chai spices ever. I smell NO pumpkin roll or cake note. Just gorgeous black tea with milk and spice.


Drydown: Same as above.


You can smell the black tea, the spice, and the milk
After several hours: This fades and becomes more of a thin black tea with spice, but it loses its initial amazing, realistic creaminess.

Longevity: Low/medium. For such a spicy scent, this doesn't have much tenacity, which is disappointing. I can barely smell this after 3 hours.

Sillage: Medium. This carries a fair bit into the surrounding air, which I enjoy, but like I said it doesn't last all that long!

Would an [X] lover love this? Spice/tea lovers will go crazy for this. The spice is so realistic, and it's one of the best black tea notes I've ever found. Not too perfumey, not too astringent, just realistic and dark.


Would an [X] hater love this? I think anyone who's not a fan of spice will shy away from this, but I hated cardamom before I tried it, and now I'm a believer. I think the milk tea base keeps it from being a heavy/candle-y spice.


Where am I? Sipping a chai tea latte and wearing a tartan scarf


Where would I wear this? I like this a lot for layering. It's not very sugary so it doesn't add another layer of sweetness to gourmands, and the spice goes with everything. I love it in Autumn and Winter but it's pretty versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment