Monday, September 21, 2015

NAVA Remiel Review

Brand: VApothecary
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Sacred resin and incense of Rosewood, White Patchouli Leaves and Violet-honey

First impression out of bottle: Bright, green, a bit powdery but not in a makeup way, more in a floral way.

Freshly applied: This White Patchouli is interesting. It’s herbal and minty but it lacks the dank dirtiness I’m accustomed to with most patchouli. This is overall more fresh than I was expecting. It smells like fresh green leaves with a hint of sappy sweetness. Not as woodsy as I had hoped it would be.

Drydown: This turns into a really nice sweet rosewood scent. There something oddly cologne-y about this, which is weird because it’s SWEET. I can’t wrap my mind fully around it, but it's sweet yet masculine. A bit like aftershave. It’s still got this grassy green feel which I don’t care for. The honey is grassy-honey, nice and not too powdery (especially considering there’s violet in there) but I think the grassy note is just rubbing me the wrong way.

After several hours: More of the same. I don't love this. I wish the rosewood was more prominent and the green leafiness less so!

Longevity: Medium-high.
Sillage: Medium-high. Really reminds me of a masculine aftershave or something.

Would an [X] lover love this? There's not much in here I can identify as prominent. Overall I'd say it's a bright but woodsy masculine blend. If you like colognes but not aquatics, this could be good.

Would an [X] hater love this? There are a few notes in this which definitely give some people issues: honey, violet, and patchouli. It's a little soapy, and sappy, and green. I don't know. This one was not so great on me, and I sometimes have issues with all three of these notes. Proceed with caution.


Where am I? Giving a ceremonial bath to a fallen angel or something.

Where would I wear this?  I wouldn't. If I did...work, daytime, spring, summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment