Thursday, September 24, 2015

Possets Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Review

Brand: Possets
Availability: Limited Edition (comes back with RETOUR)
Notes: Melon, mint, a schmere of marzipan, smoke, resin

First impression out of bottle: Sugary melon, more round and fluffy smelling than the melon in Possets' Triangulation


Freshly applied: Honeydew with a sort of squeaky-creamy almond marzipan. Oooh I get the barest whiff of beautiful green peppermint if I huff.

Marzipan infused with honeydew and a touch of peppermint
Drydown: Minty marzipan and melon. It smells kind of like…if you made a melon mojito and served it alongside marzipan candies. And that would be the weirdest cocktail party EVER. I had no idea how these notes would meld together, but it works. I don’t get smoke. The mint is now way more apparent, and the marzipan less so. After the initial realistic scent, it gets that pasty/creamy mouthfeel smell of marzipan, without the actual almond note. The mint is lazy, hazy, not super sharp or twinkly like the peppermint in Arcana Astrid’s Diadem. It’s more reminiscent of the patchouli in Wicked but obviously NOT dirty like patchouli. It’s a pure peppermint, but not wet or juicy. It smells like a freshly picked peppermint leaf, but not like a crushed leaf. The melon is hanging in there, yay! It’s a sweet, ripe honeydew note and it blends well with the creaminess and the mint. This reads seriously summer/spring to me, I don’t get any winter feels, but I love it nonetheless. Will get a lot of wear come springtime.

Picture this, plus a bit of creaminess
After several hours: Smooth sugar paste with mint, a hint of honeydew, and the smoke note peeks out. I love how Possets' smoke notes don't come out until later...it reminds me of a dinner party with the candles getting blown out at the end of the night! So cool.

Add a blown-out candle to the sweet mix
Longevity: Medium. For such a fluffy scent, this sticks around admirably. I like that the mint is grounded, so it isn't too fleeting!
Sillage: Medium. 

Would an [X] lover love this? I don't know who to recommend this to! A marzipan lover might be disappointed- the marzipan isn't prominent after the initial application. A mint lover would be a fan, as it's got a delicate peppermint note that I haven't found as long-lasting in other blends! People who love unusual gourmands and fruity scents should give this a whirl.


Would an [X] hater love this? I feel like this is a gourmand scent that isn't TRULY foodie. So gourmand haters might want to test this.


Where am I? At a bizarre dinner party where the host doesn't realize how mismatched their theme is, but somehow everything is delicious.


Where would I wear this? Daytime, work, summer, spring, maybe winter. It's fresh in a bit of a cool way, so I can see this working in winter, but definitely not for autumn, when I'm craving warm and spicy scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment