Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Apple Cinnamon Funnel Cake Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: inspired by a quaint little shop in the Georgia Mountains.  We just had to make a scent based on their fabulous apple cinnamon funnel cakes topped off with a dusting of powdered sugar.

First impression out of bottle: Apple donuts

Freshly applied: Fresh crisp red apples


Drydown: A bit of cakeyness, mostly fresh red apples. Not a lot of cinnamon, definitely not a "cinnamon sugar" scent, but there's a hint of the nice powdered sugar note that Cocoa Pink does well. Meh I was expecting WAY more funnel cake/donut type scent and this is almost entirely fresh apple, and I barely get any spice. 


After several hours: Same sweet soft apple. Reminds me of the apple in OHWTO The Girl Who Waited. Or even Arcana Apples Crave Vanilla. I definitely prefer Arcana Apples Crave Cake over this one because it packs more punch and has a stronger dessert smell. 



Longevity: Medium

Sillage: Low medium

Would an [X] lover love this? An apple fiend might find something here to love, but like I said, compared to other similar perfumes, it's nothing special. I especially think the throw is nothing to write home about, which would prevent me from getting it in a larger scent.


Would an [X] hater love this? Nah, apple haters won't find this interesting.


Where am I? Eating a fresh apple next to a bakery. I sort of smell baked goods, but I'm not eating them.


Where would I wear this? If it had better throw on me, as a daytime scent to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment