Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sarawen Pixie Dust Review

Brand: Sarawen
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: sweet orange, vanilla cake, honey, sugar

First impression out of bottle: Cinnabon with cream cheese glaze.

Freshly applied: Cream cheese icing and a hint of Tang.


Horrifying.

Drydown: Sticky dark honey and Tang. This has an unsophisticated sticky feel. Like you spilled orange juice and syrup on a tablecloth and it just dried.


After several hours: A bit less gross than the initial drydown, but mainly like pre-packaged cake with a hint of orange icing.


Like something you'd pick up in a gas station

Longevity: Medium

Sillage: Low-medium

Would an [X] lover love this? I don't think this is a sophisticated/unusual gourmand. I think Sarawen's cake notes are weak and nothing compared to something like Arcana or Solstice Scents, who really develop a true voluptuous set of cakey/gourmand accords. 


Would an [X] hater love this? I don't think a gourmand hater would like this. It's everything that can go wrong with a foodie perfume.


Where am I? Eating cake from a rest stop on a road trip with a stomachache. 


Where would I wear this? I wouldn't. If it worked on me, maybe daytime or work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment