Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Green Apple Noel Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Sweet, juicy crisp granny smith apples with lashings of vanilla bean noel

First impression out of bottle: Sweet vanilla (most Cocoa Pink EDPs smell strongly of alcohol and not much else in the bottle, this is not a good indicator of what happens on the skin, as the alcohol scent dissipates very quickly.)

Freshly applied: Bright green apple, like the type in caramel apple lollipops.


Drydown: Same bright green candy apple with hints of soft purring vanilla bean. Smells a lot like a green apple Jolly Rancher, only with a hint of something pretty and sweet. There is less vanilla in this than in Strawberry Noel, which I find is 70% vanilla 30% strawberry. This feels like it's 30% vanilla 70% apple.




After several hours: Settles to 50% apple 50% vanilla, which is fine by me. The apple quiets down a bit, and while it retains a hint of candy, it becomes a fresh green apple scent. This is nothing like Arcana Apples Crave Vanilla, but it's quite lovely. The vanilla also develops from its initial plain Jane-ness to become the fuzzy voluptuous VBN I know and love.


Becomes a more sophisticated apple candy with warm sweet vanilla

Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? Apple lovers who are ok with a candied vibe will enjoy this. Apple lovers who crave realistic/fresh fruit scents will probably not like the green apple note.


Would an [X] hater love this? I don't actually love apple scents (IMAM BETRAYAL) unless the apple is blended with a lot of heavier notes. I find something really flat and uninteresting about plain, fresh red apple in perfumes. So I think I prefer this green version, but I don't think other people with apple aversions would share this sentiment. I know a lot of people dislike apple because they find common blends to be too GREEN APPLE CANDY and this won't address that problem.


Where am I? A candy store, but a really expensive one where they make luxurious green lollipops from real apples.


Where would I wear this? Daytime, to hang out with kids because they would think I smelled awesome, warm weather, work. I think this would be amazing in a body/hair product.

No comments:

Post a Comment