Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Wildberry Cobbler Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Freshly picked wildberries baked into a delicious warm cobbler topped with a generous dusting of confectioners sugar complete with a heaping scoop of vanilla bean ice cream

First impression out of bottle: Buttery gourmand with some dark purple fruit

Freshly applied: Purple berries overlaid on cakey sweetness. Reminds me of OHWTO Blackberry Buckle, which is very similar in its weird wateryness. (like it's not a full, rich scent, but watered down.) 
A bit more cake comes out, still predominantly a watery berry smell though. This is not super sweet or syrupy, which is what I would expect from a cobbler scent. If they had replicated the syrupy heavy feel of Blueberry Skies this would be perfect. Instead I get a 50/50 juicy berry and plain yellow cake type scent. Nice but a little subtle for me. I'm the queen of too-sweet gourmands. 

Drydown: Ah it gets a bit more syrupy and rich/spicy like Blueberry Skies. I get a dark feel like crystallized brown sugar on top of a cobbler, and rich dark berry juice. 


I don't get the vanilla ice cream though
After several hours: A little flat. I prefer Blueberry Skies over this for a berry-gourmand. It reminds me of OHWTO Blackberry Buckle which also goes flattish on me.

Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? Gourmand/berry lovers might enjoy it, but my skin chemistry didn't favor these notes.


Would an [X] hater love this? A gourmand hater probably wouldn't find anything extraordinary about this blend.


Where am I? Eating not-so-delicious cobbler at a friend's house, trying to be polite and complimentary


Where would I wear this? Daytime, if it were nicer and less flat maybe for special winter occasions or at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment