Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sarawen Mina Review

Brand: Sarawen
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: rose accord, musk, rosewood, incense, myrrh

First impression out of bottle: Rose and tea


Freshly applied: Lush juicy rose


Like a beverage made from rose petals.

Drydown: Very pleasant deep pink rose scent with a hint of warmth. I think the myrrh is well-placed here as it lends a fruitiness that isn't fruit. You will sometimes see raspberry mixed with rose and that can go a bit Kool-Aid-y or too RED, but the myrrh makes this bright/juicy without tipping into very edible territory. If I inhale VERY deeply I get the fuzzier deep incense and soft wood notes, but it's very heavy on the musky rose and myrrh. I get the sense of a cosmetic product, like a rose face cream.




After several hours: Myrrh and wood with a bit less of the musky rose. I enjoy this at all stages actually. I do wish that there was a stronger rosewood/wood note but I think it will be great layered with a sandalwood perfume such as NAVA's Santalum.


Longevity: Medium

Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? I think lots of rose lovers will enjoy this. It's a pretty, kind of old-fashioned interpretation of rose. Very Crabtree & Evelyn/Yardley's-reminiscent which I enjoy.


Would an [X] hater love this? I think someone who hates rose will find this pretty grating and standard. I personally embrace the more old-fashioned/grandmotherly associations with the flower, but if you dislike that aspect, I don't think this is an updated twist that will change your mind.


Where am I? A fancy expat grandma's apartment- mix of Western beauty stuff with something a bit Eastern.


Where would I wear this? Daytime, weekend, work. I would wear this to sleep after taking a bubble bath and moisturizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment