Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Marshmallow Fireside Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Toasted vanilla marshmallows over a roaring fire.  An excellent rendition of BBW's version

First impression out of bottle: Sweet

Freshly applied: Sweet vanilla woodsmoke


Drydown: Beautiful dark wood and marshmallow scent. Less of a burnt-mallow scent and less earthy than SS Smoky Mountain Mallow. More like resinous wood and a hint of perfumey smoke combined with sweet marshmallow. Just like a slightly smoked version of Black Marshmallow.




After several hours: Resinous woods and a floof of marshmallowy smoke.




Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium high

Would an [X] lover love this? I have a gotta catchem all mentality when it comes to marshmallow scents. I think this is an awesome woodsy smoky marshmallow that isn't too heavy on the smoke. If you like marshmallow blends definitely try this.


Would an [X] hater love this? If you hate marshmallow/vanilla but love woodsy/smoky scents you might like what's going on here. There's some magic that combines the disparate notes and harmonizes them. I think even people who generally dislike food smells will appreciate this. It's kind of elegant and subtle.


Where am I? Putting on my jacket that I wore the night before to make s'mores.


Where would I wear this? Definitely would wear this at night as it's sexy and a bit smoky and assertive. I would also wear this during the day though. The woods and marshmallow are easy to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment