Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Naughty Gingerbread Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Naughty begins with two of our bestselling fragrance oils specially formulated just for CocoaPink: Spiritueuse Double Vanilla and our exclusive triple amber blend that we call “CP Black”.  Then we added a dash of gingerbread and a splash of sugar. 

First impression out of bottle: Dark gingerbread

Freshly applied: I managed to splash this all over my arm AND my face...it smells like really dark, not super sweet gingerbread. 


Not light fluffy gingerbread, but dark and spicy!
Drydown: Still retaining that not-so-sweet spicy gingerbread smell. The spices in this are nearly savory, almost like there's cardamom and anise mixed in with a touch of caraway and ginger. A fairly exotic spice blend, not yo typical Christmas Candle(TM) spice. The vanilla peeks out more on the drydown, which brings a touch of lightness and creaminess, if not sweetness, to the blend. 

After several hours: Same beautifully spiced cake smell. Definitely a great solid gingerbread scent. This doesn't smell like grandma's cookies, nor is it a really sexy or unusual perfume. It's a standard gourmand, but with less sugar than you'd usually find, and it uses spices in an interesting but wearable way.


Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium high

Would an [X] lover love this? Spice and gourmand lovers will definitely enjoy this, although if I had my way it would be more sugary!


Would an [X] hater love this? If you hate spice I don't think this will be your cup of tea (bread? Your cup of bread?) But if you find yourself recoiling from typical clove/cinnamon scents, then this could be a nice alternative.


Where am I? Eating spiced gingerbread from a secret old family recipe (not my family, we don't make gingerbread, but somebody's family.)


Where would I wear this? Daytime, autumn, winter. Not sexy/sweet enough for nighttime. I could see this getting a nice kick from some of my sweeter Solstice Scents perfumes (Maplewood Inn or Buttered Rum Mallow?) so I will give that a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment