Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Green Tea Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Not perfumish at all. We hunted like crazy for a green tea scent that smell like real manuka tea. Great blended with VBN or Marshmallows.

First impression out of bottle: Astringent green lemony green tea.

Freshly applied: The lemon disappears and I get clean and earthy green tea. This is more realistic than something like Bvlgari Au The Vert, which skews soapy/lotiony. I like that "Green Tea" scent that everyone does, which is light and floral and citrusy, but it's not real green tea, lezbihonest. 


Drydown: 
This is real green tea, a little bitter, a little tart, very green and leafy. I love the watery tea feeling that Cocoa Pink captures here, and also in their Autumn/Winter Orb Weaver which I reviewed recently. I smell a combo of dry tea leaves in a tin and freshly-brewed tea. 

Tea leaves with strong brewed green tea

After several hours: Same.


Longevity: High, thank god, even though it's a tea scent this lingers and lasts

Sillage: High

Would an [X] lover love this? Yes, tea lovers need it. It's fresher than their Fluffy Green Tea (Just this, mixed with Marshmallow) and a little more sophisticated/less foodie.


Would an [X] hater love this? I think tea haters need to try it. If you hate fresh scents, maybe not, but if you have never tried a non-lemon, non-grassy fresh scent, get a sample. 


Where am I? Drinking some tea with my mother on a rainy spring morning


Where would I wear this? Work, home, anytime I need to feel refreshed, calm, or centered. I love Fluffy Green Tea but it is very playful and food-like. This is more meditative and elegant. Both are must-haves for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment