Monday, October 5, 2015

Solstice Scents Cocoa Absolute Review

Brand: SOlstice Scents
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Natural Single Note Chocolate in Organic Cane Sugar Alcohol

First impression out of bottle: Chocolatey coffee


Freshly applied: Mmm bittersweet dark chocolate. Yes this is just cacao absolute in alcohol, but I'd buy anything Angela produces. I could make this myself but it wouldn't be the same. Watch out this stains the skin light brown. (I have medium/light skin on my arms.)


Drydown: Soft dark chocolate scent, like you made truffles with a bit of cream and sugar, but still mostly dark cocoa. 




After several hours: Softer dark chocolate scent.


Longevity: Medium. 
It's all-natural which means it generally is less powerful/shorter-lived than synthetic/natural blends. 
Sillage: Low medium. 

Would an [X] lover love this? Yes a chocolate lover would go apeshit for this scent. If you love the smell of real cocoa absolute, you need to try it. 


Would an [X] hater love this? Meh, depends. If you like real chocolate but hate the smell of perfumey chocolate, you should sample this. If you hate the smell of realistic chocolate, this will be bad news for you.


Where am I? In that shop in Chocolat, sampling fine French chocolates.


Where would I wear this? Nighttime, daytime, layered with other perfumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment