Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Midnight Hag Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Tart Blackberries, Vanilla Bean Noel, and a splash of Spiritueuse Double Vanilla.

First impression out of bottle: Can I just say I love the name of this one? I want someone to ask me what perfume I'm wearing so I can yell MIDNIGHT HAG. I smell plain tart blackberries out of the bottle. 

Freshly applied: Tart AND sweet blackberries. Like a mixture of fresh mashed blackberries and blackberry jam.


Drydown: Ooh, a nice lush vanilla starts to weave in and out. It's spicy without being...spice-y. Kind of sweet and fuzzy and cozy. Definitely not a summery fruit smell. This reminds me of that Bath & Body Works scent, Black Raspberry Vanilla, but more sophisticated. The berry is less synthetic, and the vanilla is a bit more grown up. 


After several hours: Same sweet berried vanilla.


Sexy fruit jam

Longevity: High

Sillage: High

Would an [X] lover love this? I consider myself a lover of berries or general fruit smells but I often find indie perfumes to be synthetic-smelling when it comes to these notes. This is a perfect blackberry scent. Combination of fresh and preserved, sweet and tart, just great. Vanilla lovers will like this for something different- a jammy vanilla. 


Would an [X] hater love this? I think this is a very straightforward scent and won't convert someone who dislikes berry smells. On the other hand, if you've had my experience and thought that other indies produced fake-smelling berry scents, this will make up for those bad experiences!


Where am I? Spooning fresh blackberry compote over vanilla ice cream so I can chow down.


Where would I wear this? For a fruity smell, this has a kind of darkly sexy vibe, so I'd wear this at night, definitely. I'd wear purple and gold with it and try to look sultry. And fail probably. There's nothing in this that specifically makes it a nighttime perfume, though so I can easily see wearing this to work. It's a good hybrid scent, combining fresh and warm smells, so it will be nice in warmer weather and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment