Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Spell Caster Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Glowing amber essential oil wraps gently around notes of sticky golden honey, freshly picked mulberries and finished on a warm magical base of myrrh.

First impression out of bottle: Cough syrup and amber

Freshly applied: Very sticky amber and honey, with warm unmistakable myrrh


Drydown: A hint of berries emerges, and it reminds me of berry tea. Warm, reddish, a bit spiced. I think it's the combo of myrrh/honey/berries that makes me think of that, instead of recalling fresh fruit. Myrrh smells like a combo of warm spices and pine.


After several hours: Fresh voluptuous purple berry, syrupy honeyed amber, and sweet myrrh. Not super heavy. Really good Christmas-but-not-literally-Christmas scent. As myrrh is reminiscent of pine, you could almost think this smells like pinecones/Christmas tree with a nice fruitiness and amber, and a bit of potpourri. But it's very sophisticated and subtle, not like a mall at Christmastime.

Lovely sweet berries
Longevity: High
Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? I think if you enjoy myrrh, this is a really good use of it that doesn't combine it with frankincense. 


Would an [X] hater love this? I don't know if people ever specifically hate myrrh, but if you find yourself identifying LOTS of scents as "Christmassy"/"potpourri" and HATE it, maybe steer clear. Also if you hate amber stay away.

Reminds me of these type of decorations
Where am I? In my aunt's house, which is always decorated really nicely for the holidays. I smell spiced pinecones, the faint odor of Christmas tree, some fruity seasonal hand soap in the bathroom, and warm smells from the kitchen.

Where would I wear this? I would totally wear this to a holiday party where there would be a lot of kids, if I didn't want anything too heavy or assertive. It's playful and a bit festive, but also kind of refined. I can see wearing this with a little black dress and sparkly earrings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment