Friday, October 2, 2015

Possets Capezzoli di Venere Review

Brand: Possets
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Start with a perfectly roasted chestnut for a smooth and proper base for the softer things to come. Around that wrap ganache made of buttercream and gardenia kissed mocha which will melt your heart as it expires from love in your mouth. Enrobe with bitter dark chocolate. 

First impression out of bottle: Hazelnut mocha frosting.


Just the frosting
Freshly applied: Sharp nutty frosting mixed with something sweet and floral

Drydown: The notes start to blend a little better, I get a beautiful mocha cream with a creamy white floral note. Unfortunately, I think it's the buttercream aspect, it gets a bit sharp, almost like cherry or something, and I wish it would smooth out a little because it's getting synthetic and plasticky.


After several hours: Ok I do like this, but with reservations. It's a beautiful, unexpected foodie-floral blend that marries the disparate sugary frosting notes with white gardenia. Unfortunately something about the mix does have a hint of sunscreen/plastic about it that prevents it from being a total knockout. I think this is a case of the gardenia being a tad bit cloying. It's sort of straddling the line of meh and pretty. Kind of like Solstice Scents Nightgown is on me too. Some days I adore it, some days I detest it. Very confusing.



White florals and chocolate with something a bit artificial like sunblock

Longevity: Medium-high

Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? Gourmand-floral lovers who like Nightgown should try but with caution.


Would an [X] hater love this? If this sounds at all icky or you hated SS Nightgown, run away! This is a tricky one.


Where am I? At a bridal shower with too-sweet/girly decorations, food, and floral arrangements.


Where would I wear this? I probably won't, but if I do it'll be strictly for daytime during not-too-hot spring months.

No comments:

Post a Comment