Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Strawberry Noel Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: A perfectly balanced fresh strawberry that smells like real berries (not plasticy bubblegum strawberry), blended with VBN.

First impression out of bottle: Yummy fresh strawberries

Freshly applied: Fresh strawberries and creamy vanilla bean


Drydown: Same as above. I like the strawberry in this, it's certainly not fakey. I think the vanilla is overpowering the berry though because I get more of a berried-vanilla than a berries + vanilla vibe. 


After several hours: Still fruity vanilla. I love the vanilla in this. I prefer it to the real Vanilla Bean Noel (from Bath & Body Works) and I would say it's a hybrid of a musky vanilla like NAVA's Crystalline and a really foodie creamy vanilla like the one you find in Solstice Scents' mallow blends. With an added hint of actual vanilla bean. 


Like strawberries and vanilla cream, but light on the strawberry
Longevity: High
Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? Vanilla lovers will like it! Cocoa Pink makes quite a few "VBN" blends, so you'd probably only choose this if you were a huge strawberry fan (I am.) The strawberry is not super unique/different, but it is realistic, which is important enough for me. 


Would an [X] hater love this? I think it's a pretty simple fruit and vanilla scent, and unless you've never smelled VBN before (or Cocoa Pink's version) you don't need to try this if you're averse to vanillic or food scents.


Where am I? I'm me as a young teenager, slathering myself with products from a giant Bath & Body Works gift basket


Where would I wear this? Daytime, weekend, spring, summer. Despite the "Noel" name, which is really just an adaptation from the B&BW winter scent, it's very much a fresh warm weather perfume!

No comments:

Post a Comment