Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cocoa Pink Caramelized Pears Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Heated crimson D'anjou pears smothered with gobs of melted caramel and sprinkled with natural dark brown sugar.

First impression out of bottle: Fruity sugar

Freshly applied: Juicy pear with brown sugar


Drydown: The pears are a lot more buttery now, like they're perched on top of a shortbread crust. Less juicy than in the opening. This smells more like cream infused with pears, rather than cooked pears by themselves. I've noticed with many indie fragrances that it's hard to get pear right (even harder than apple!)


After several hours: The buttery sweetness is the most prominent note. It smells a bit like buttered toast, but sweeter. Then on top is a very thin layer of pear jam. I like this for a lightly fruity gourmand. Reminds me of Possets Perkin- The Cook's Tale. I actually like the fruitiness here and it's more apparent than it was on the initial drydown but it's not...100% pear. Maybe like pear mixed with berry.


Smells like pear-berry jam on buttered toast

Longevity: Medium

Sillage: Low-medium

Would an [X] lover love this? I think this would be a disappointment to someone who wanted a super strong pear smell. It's not POW pear, it's more subtle. If you like fruity scents in general, this is a really cute flirty one. 


Would an [X] hater love this? Pear haters probably won't even recognize this as pear. If you hate fruit notes in general, this won't be one that changes your mind. Try something a little more complex with more vanilla/wood.


Where am I? Eating toast with jam while wearing cozy socks during Christmas vacation. My mom used to always have really fun different jams around the house and this takes me back to her making me toast. Toast always tastes better when moms make it.


Where would I wear this? Definitely daytime scent, good for winter for the cozy nostalgia, but the fruitiness makes it good for warm weather too. This was a surprise hit. At first I was unhappy with the subtle pear but it turned into something really fun and toothsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment