Thursday, October 15, 2015

Deconstructing Eden Be My Druidess Review

Brand: Deconstructing Eden
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: Incense, woods, tree moss, light and dark musks and a smokey fire.

First impression out of bottle: Musky sweet smoke


Freshly applied: Musky sweet smokiness! Like a non-foodie Solstice Scents Smoky Mountain Mallow. 


Drydown: Oh lord this is heavenly. I am usually not a huge fan of musks, but the smooth silky musks here are bolstered with the most heavenly sweet fiery smoke note and a hint of woods. It's a sweet scent, but like I said, not at all on the vanilla/marshmallow end of the spectrum. More like amber/resin and sweet burning incense. I love how balanced the smoke and incense notes are. It's not acrid like you swallowed a lungful of campfire smoke, but it IS dark and a bit ashy. But then that's mixed with an almost syrupy musky resin note and something like spiced wood.




After several hours: Same weaving mixture of smoke and musk-resin with incense.

Longevity: High

Sillage: High

Would an [X] lover love this? This is like THE ultimate incense/resin scent. I'm a fanatic about my smoky and incense smells and this is a seriously absurdly good version. It's a burning-incense smell, so you get the smoke and the body of the incense. It smells like the smoke, plus the air that's being fragranced, plus the actual incense sticks. It's sweet but not at all gourmand.


Would an [X] hater love this? If you despise smoke/wood/resin scents I think this is going to push all your buttons. I can see it being a touch too resinous for you especially if you gravitate to fresher scents. But if you only dislike smoke scents, this is a subtle and wearable smoke.


Where am I? Burning sacred incense in a temple


Where would I wear this? I'm a hoor for incense, so I consider this an all-weather all-occasion scent. Sweet enough for daytime, smoky enough for nighttime. But if you are more conservative about your incense scents, I'd say to be safe, wear this on a date or to a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment