Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Cozy Cabin In the Woods Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: White Cedar trees heavily laden with soft piles of snow, sweet sandalwood, crackling freshly chopped firewood roaring from inside the glowing fireplace with the heavenly aromas of creamy sugared vanilla and gingerbread floating through the air.

First impression out of bottle: Cedar and pine

Freshly applied: Wooo hickory wood and pine. Almost like BBQ smoke (but not too smokey, just that same sweet savory thing.)
 Then pine pops out, it's really green and sappy. Almost makes me think of citronella. 

Citronella candles


Drydown: Yes, still citronella, but overlaid on really sweet warm woodsy notes. I can't decide if I like this because...it's basically citronella and woods. Oh god do I LIKE smelling like citronella?


After several hours: Sweet, piney woods, smoke, and citronella. I'm disappointed I get no  really distinct/differentiated foodie notes, but honestly the combination smells really good. I think the gingerbread and vanilla must be tempering the sharper notes, because it all smells awesome.

Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? This is weird, so even if you like woodsy scents, proceed with caution.


Would an [X] hater love this? If you hate smoke, fresh wood scents, and citronella, then this will probably be like death to you.


Where am I? For some reason, burning citronella in midwinter.


Where would I wear this? Camping, outdoors, daytime, nighttime. It's weird but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment