Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sarawen Ambrosia Chocolat Review

Brand: Sarawen
Availability: General Catalog
Notes: chocolate, amber, honey, vanilla

First impression out of bottle: Chocolate honey, mmm!


Freshly applied: Oh snoes, it's turning waxy and plasticky on me...mostly fake honey with beeswax and a hint of something like cut green flower stems. No chocolate. COME BACK.



None of your beeswax.

Drydown: Burnt honey with hints of plastic and Band-Aids. Nope nope nope. The chocolate, which was SO lovely in the bottle on cold sniff, is a mere trace here. I'm sure this one will be ok on some but if you have trouble with honey or chocolate notes (I do, and I've tried em all) you should be wary.



Like this, but more chemically and dirty

After several hours: Honey that is simultaneously waxy/plasticky and sharp. No chocolate. Still with that weird sappy green flower stem note.



I really fucking hate this smell, if you can't tell.

Longevity: Medium.

Sillage: Medium. 

Would an [X] lover love this? I have heard plenty of people say they enjoyed this, but like Smelly Yeti Not the Bees, this went immediately plasticky and nasty on me. I love chocolate but have a hard time finding good cocoa notes, and this was no exception. 


Would an [X] hater love this? Unless you have skin chemistry that melds well with these type of notes (cheaper/simplistic blends IMO) I think you will hate this and find it turns fake-y.


Where am I? Accidentally melting plastic and food together in a kitchen mishap.


Where would I wear this? Nowhere. If it smelled like it did in the bottle on me, I'd wear it for sexy nighttime fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment