Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cocoa Pink Caramel Popcorn Balls Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Melted marshmallow buttery caramel popcorn balls, a delicious Halloween treat sure to evoke memories of childhood.

First impression out of bottle: Butter and alcohol

Freshly applied: Salty butter and fruity candy like Pez or Sweet Tarts


Drydown: Toasted, almost woodsy marshmallows with a hint of savoryness. Not butter, but more like Rice Krispies. Not a gooey caramel scent, more fluffy, toasty, and golden.


After several hours: Lovely soft marshmallow with a hint of toasted savory flavor. I like this and it's nowhere near as buttery or weird as I expected. Not caramel-y though.


Definitely smells like these guys.

Longevity: Medium

Sillage: Low-medium

Would an [X] lover love this? I don't own it but from what I've heard, this could be similar to HoG Ghost Puffs. If you enjoy slightly kooky gourmands you will like this. 


Would an [X] hater love this? Gourmand hater or someone who picks up on buttery/salty notes to an extreme might find this weird. But then again as it's in EDP format I think the buttery popcorn notes will be very chilled out in general, even on people with wacky skin chemistry.


Where am I? Eating Rice Krispie treats at a Girl Scouts meeting after school.


Where would I wear this? Daytime, weekend. This is a little subtle for me for wintertime, when I prefer heavy spiced scents, but it could be good for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment