Monday, October 5, 2015

Cocoa Pink Snowflakes Review

Brand: Cocoa Pink
Availability: General Catalog Autumn/Winter (N/A in Spring/Summer)
Notes: Sparkling mounds of fluffy almond icing snow dusted with soft white sugars.

First impression out of bottle: Gourmand plastic

Freshly applied: Almond extract and sunscreen


Drydown: This is quite a good sweet pure almond. It's not pastry-like at all. It reminds me a lot of almond granita, which you can get in Italy. Sweet, not creamy, but not too icy. There's still the eensiest bit of plastic/sunscreen which is in some Cocoa Pink gourmands, but nothing overwhelming.


Almond Italian ice

After several hours: The plastickyness is gone now, whew! Sweet pure almond. A little more sugary now, like maybe there's almond royal icing on top of the granita.


Longevity: High

Sillage: Medium

Would an [X] lover love this? I think an almond lover would appreciate this for being both a true almond scent and NOT a super-sharp almond. 


Would an [X] hater love this? Meh, almond haters might enjoy it but then again the initial plasticky note could be a big turnoff. One selling point for haters is that it quickly loses that almond extract note that can be so offensive.


Where am I? Scraping up almond Italian ice with a little spoon, savoring the treat at the end of a long meal.


Where would I wear this? This is definitely a daytime perfume for me. It feels equally appropriate for cold or warm weather, because almond is a year round scent for me! I would wear this to work, but I also think strong almonds have quite a sexy feel, so I would wear it out at night too!

No comments:

Post a Comment